Like

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Done Any Volunteering?


I've done a fair amount of volunteer work in the past and today spent my Saturday afternoon working with the UTVCG (University of Toronto Volunteer Consulting Group).  Today was the first day in action this year, allowing me to meet with some great team members in an effort to come up with solutions for a non-profit group seeking help.  After that meeting, I spent some time with an engineering student, as part of another volunteer program to help mentor a student.

In a couple of weeks, I am going to repeat some work I did last year with a new group as a Seminar Leader, also a volunteer position.

I don't mention the above to toot my own horn, but instead I mention it to remind everyone that there is a strong need for volunteers in every community, town, city, state, province, and country.

Regardless of where you are, there is a need right in your own backyard.  The fulfillment one gets from helping is fantastic and extremely rewarding and  you'll meet some tremendous people in the process.  If you've never volunteered before, take time right now to think about a cause, a charity, a need in your community that you find interesting or close to your heart.  Go and talk to those folks and tell them that you want to help.  They will be very glad you called them and you will be very glad you did once you understand what I am writing about fulfillment.  The only way you'll know is if you do.

If you've never volunteered or haven't in some time, go ahead, take the steps right now and go volunteer your time!  The busiest people are the ones who can help the most because busy people get things done.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the balance of October and go help and/or mentor someone today.


No comments:

Post a Comment